Monday

Ethnic Studies Presentation:

I Johnny Macias, was the man behind the skirt in our presentation. I was trying to represent a physical embodiment of Gloria Anzaldua, one of the two authors covered in our section of Ethnic Studies. Despite Anzaldua being a lesbian, she considered herself a woman. "But I, like other queer people, am two in one body, both male and female...the coming together of opposite qualities within"(1020). Dealing with Ethnic studies (that i forgot to mention on Thurs.)is an interesting anecdote that I experienced a while ago. I was listening to the radio and Sublime's "Caress Me Down" came on. See Link Below.

The lead singer breaks into both Spanish and English throughout the song and what I found interesting is that the radio station decided to censor the bad words that were spoken in Spanish. This shows me that Spanish, if not already, is rapidly growing as one of society’s standard language. Anywhoo, the group as a whole came to an agreement on the four corners debate. My group members: Luisa and Theressa put their heads together and came up with the questions used in the game. I felt that our presentation went well, but like Luisa said "it could have been better". I would also like to thank the class for sharing their intellectual thoughts and ideas. Your participation made the presentation go by A LOT easier. ..Thank You! Thank you as well to my fellow group mates for all their hard work on this presentation.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_LP4IU6XD4

No comments:

Post a Comment